Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Daughter, the Vulcan


Matt and I went to see the new Star Trek movie the other week. If you were a fan of the 60's Star Trek, you have got to go see this movie! I loved it! I didn't even want to see it, but then I heard some great reviews for it. And then I found out it was JJ Abrams. That man can do no wrong! Of course, now that I've said that, I'll probably hate the next thing he does. But not yet.

I was telling Devin about the movie and she said she wanted to see it. I explained to her that she really wouldn't get it if she hadn't watched the old tv episodes. So guess who's been watching Star Trek nonstop on YouTube for the last two weeks? She has become a true trekkie. However, I think "Trouble with Tribbles" creeped her out a little.

So she sends me this email the other day. I watched it, thinking that something is just a little off with that Vulcan face. Then I realized it was Devin's face! I about wet my pants. And she had written the whole thing that he/she says.

Check it out: http://www.trekyourself.com/?mId=30309295.2

I'm a proud Vulcan mama.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought about seeing that movie, but since I couldn't stand Star trek when it was on tv, maybe I should reconsider it? Hope you're surviving your job. Whatever pays the bills, right?

Mrs. Knight said...

Oh my gosh, I just about wet my pants watching her little movie! She actually wrote that?

I too loved that movie. Wasn't sure I would, but it was great.

MOMD! said...

Okay ... Now that was funny!!!

Sue said...

I know, I know -- I am SO behind in looking at everyone's blog -- spending time tonight looking at all of them. I just can't believe how much these kids know about the "net" technology. This was great! Be sure and tell Devin that I saw both this and the Lego man one! So smart!!