Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3rd Verse, Same as the 1st!



Jordan went to her Senior Prom with her friend, Darren. Yep, the same Darren that also took her to her sophomore prom. Except for hair length, Jordan really hasn't changed all that much. Come to think of it, she really hasn't changed all that much since she was 2.

See? I'm not lyin'.

Hard to believe her high school days have come to an end. She graduates this month and will be moving out in August. Wow. How did this happen? My baby is flying the coop. And believe me, she is counting down the days. I'm really excited for her and can hardly believe it's her turn already. I remember so well when I moved out my first time. Of course, my parents had to kick me out. I was just fine living at home, taking the car when I wanted, working my little part time job to pay for the fun stuff. My parents finally had to insist I go to college and get a life. Jordan has been ready to get her life for as long as I've known her. She is always ready for the next stage in life and we have to remind her often to slow down and try to just enjoy the stage she's in. She won't, but we remind her, anway.

Jordan has earned a full ride scholarship to college and has actually just completed her first college semester with a 3.85 GPA. Her last semester in high school has been all college classes. I have no idea where she gets her initiative. It's not from me, I can testify. I'm the least aggressive/competetive person you will meet. I'm pretty much just a go with the flow kind of gal. Not a lot of planning for the future from me. But Jordan has it all figured out. She knows where she'll be in 5 years, 10 years, 20. Not me. I'm not even sure where I'll be this weekend. I'll have to check my calendar.

We're proud of you Jordan! Thanks for letting us be your parents. You have taught us much and hope we have taught you a little in return. We love you.

5 comments:

meg said...

she is such a great girl!! i know how proud you must be of her. and she is totally gorgeous( gets that from her mom!!) hope my girls turn out jsut as fabulous! i have loved getting to know her!
Meg :)
ps. so glad you updated, i was starting to worry;)

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! We've missed ya.
I have always loved Jordan. She is so on top of it. She reminds me a lot of my little sister who is her same age. It gives me hope for my children. :)
I think you CAN take all the credit though!

Prestwich Family said...

Not sure why this made me teary, guess I am just sad I don't get to see them that often and see them grow up. I am so excited for her and and all her new adventures! I just remember those days of dropping by your house daily and seeing you all. Miss that! Can't wait to see you in August and Jordan we love you!!!

Nik said...

It's unreal that the little girl I used to babysit is graduating High School! That picture of Jordan at 2 really brings back memories.
Full ride scholarship?! That's so impressive! What an amazing girl!
I can't believe she's moving out! You don't even seem freaked out about this... is that possible?

shannon p. said...

Crazy! How can this happen??? Congrats Jordan! We need to see you guys more often!