Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring in My Step

“Spring is when you feel like whistling
even with a shoe full of slush.”
~Doug Larsen~


I don't even know who Doug Larsen is, but, man, did he nail it with that quote. He obviously lived in Utah at one point in his life.

Mark Twain said, " It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" That pretty much sums it up. Have I mentioned I love spring?

There are things I love about each season, but spring makes my heart soar. I'm not an extreme temperature kind of gal, so spring caters to my desire to not be too hot or too cold. I absolutely love seeing the buds popping on the trees, my day lilies pushing up, my succulents springing to life.





I got so happy today, I went out and snapped a few photos. Not bad, eh?









(Thank you Heidi! I am forever in your debt!
Not literally, hopefully!)

3 comments:

gillman said...

your an amazing photographer!!! i am with you, spring jsut makes me plain happy!!
Meg :0)

heidi said...

great pictures Val! :)

Prestwich Family said...

Those are great pictures! And why are you indebted to Heidi?