Thursday, May 13, 2010

Star Struck

Aiden has been taking a theater class this past year. In April, she was cast as Little Cosette in a production of Les Mis. It was absolutely thrilling for her and she was just adorable. She has turned into a true blue actress, with the attitude to match. You can often hear us telling her, "Save it for the stage, Aid." She wants to continue trying out for plays. We will encourage her, however, I had no idea how much time is involved! She practically lived at the theater for the two week run (which of course means I lived there, too. Not that I'm complaining. I got to see Les Mis every night!) Here are a couple of pictures from Les Mis.
Her own dressing room!

My little ragamuffin's costume closeup. Poor Little Cosette.


Cosette and the Masters of the House.


Little and Big Cosette.




Not the most glamorous makeup, but a blast, anyway!

Last week Aiden's class performed School House Rock. It was so fun!! I watched School House Rock every Saturday morning and I still remember most of the songs. What a great way to learn! And Aiden can now recite the preamble. Well, she can sing it anyway.

Here is a video of one of my favorites, "Interjections" (Hey that's not fair, giving a guy a shot down there!)

Aiden's in the bright yellow shirt with pink headband, aka: Geraldine, with the hair twirling.


Break a leg, Aid!

6 comments:

Prestwich Family said...

okay, teary there too, dang it!! What kind of camera do you have? We so need a new one. Do you like it and is it easy to use?

Prestwich Family said...

Video, that is.

Nik said...

Wow! The lead in Les Mis! How exciting! Congrats Aiden! I bet you were amazing!
How great is that picture on your sidebar?! She is so full of personality!

shannon p. said...

It was so fun to watch! Aiden you did a fabulous job! Let us know what you have going on - we love coming to see you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I am little cosette in my school play so i was searching my role on google. congrats! was this like a school play or a real production with adults and a theater and everything? post this in your next post pleez because i am anonymous. :)

Nik said...

I can't believe you haven't blogged for a YEAR, Val! What, are you BUSY or something?! What's up?!